Thursday, August 30, 2012

Flea Market Adventures.....

Lately I have been very interested in all things vintage.  Mark & I checked out a local antique market & had a great time looking through & enjoying all the old items.  We purchased just a few small things to start with, but it got me thinking of what else I would like to add to our home.  I did an online search and found that there is a local, very large, flea market on the 3rd Sunday of every month.  I decided I needed to check it out.  When I mentioned this to my oldest son, he was thought that was pretty cool so I asked him if he wanted to go with me.  He said yes so I set the date on my calendar & waited anxiously for August 19 to arrive.  We got up nice & early and headed out, just the two of us.  

It was already packed when we arrived so we dived right in, planning to go up and down every aisle.  

I was so glad to get to spend some one-on-one time with Zachery.  He is going to be a senior this year and I know he will be busy with school & friends.  I love that he thought all that vintage stuff was so cool & was actually excited to be going with me to check it all out.    We came across this awesome cabinet on the first aisle and I would love to have taken it home with me.  I especially loved the color!



Zachery had a great time at this little stand where the guy had tons of old postcards from all over the country.  He was especially interested in the ones from Monterey County which is where we used to live.  He found several he was very interested in & one of his favorites was from 1912!  We ended up taking that one & a couple others he really liked.  


Another vendor had these awesome old style phones.  They were really beautiful and he had converted them inside to regular working telephones!  You could actually use them.  How cool is that?  




I also saw this old fashioned bottle opener that had a Dr Pepper logo on it.  My hubby is a huge Dr Pepper fan (but has recently stopped drinking soda) so I passed on that.  Don't want to tempt the poor guy!  





















Next we came across this lovely little booth.  I was in love!  I am slightly addicted to all these beautiful old colored bottles.  I especially love the aqua colored ones.  I did have to take home a clear one that actually had our last name on it though!  













































I also found this really cool old Dr Pepper bottle & I did have to grab that one.  He already has one & it needed a buddy. 






















I had to do a double take when I came across this old wooden crate that had Placerville stamped on it.  My dad lives in Placerville & it is just a little tiny town in Northern CA.  I could kick myself for not buying it!  Even my dad said I should have brought it home.  Oh well, maybe I will find another one someday...  

















This old slot machine was beautifully restored & looked great!  





















My last little treasure was this old chemistry set that my hubby would have loved!  He loves all that kind of science stuff, and especially the old beakers & test tubes, etc...  





















We had a great day and found some really great stuff.  I was so glad we had gone but by around noon we were ready to take our purchases & head home.  It was HOT out there & we were wiped out from the heat.  

Here is a peak at the purchases we came home with:

















These awesome D&D board games were a steal, and the boys have so much fun playing with Mark.  Even he was excited I found them!  















These were some of my best finds.  I love the blue Bell jars and have some cool ideas found via Pinterest to do with them.  The small little dish is Blue Danube.  My grandma used to have all those dishes & it made me think of her.  I couldn't pass it up.  I will use it on my scrap desk to hold little odds & ends.  















These were probably my favorite finds of the day.  I have been searching for these locker baskets for my scrap area for months & finally found some today!  I grabbed 3 of them for now but would like to get some more soon.  I love the old camera and will add it to my collection of old cameras.  Can't wait to see them displayed on a shelf in my home soon.  And I'm not sure why this old metal lunchbox appealed to me but I just love it to pieces.  I plan to use it to hold some of my scrap supplies. 















And last but not least, I just had to grab this little dog figurine for my youngest son.  He loves dogs & has been asking for some to decorate his room with.  And at only $1, he was just the right price to come home with me!  As you can see, Benjamin loved him & he has a place on his bookshelf already!  

Can't wait to go adventuring again next month!     

























  

No comments:

Post a Comment