Monday, February 6, 2012

Project Life Weeks 2 & 3

I've been a little behind on posting my Project Life pages the past several weeks so I'm gonna catch you all up!  I'm enjoying using both the Clementine and Cobalt editions as well as adding in some of the great items I've found online, too.  There is just so much good stuff and inspiration out there.  In the past, that would have limited me.  I would be scared to make something myself and find it lacking.  But this project is so easy and so simple that I'm just soaking up all that yummy inspiration and going with the flow.  I'm happy to be getting our stories written down, enjoying seeing Mark get onboard and excited to help out, too.  The boys are still a work in process, they still think I'm a little nutty taking pictures of crazy things but they are getting a little more used to it.


So without further ado.....


Week 2


I included a screen shot of our warm weather that week.  I was inspired to include this by Cathy Zielske



Added an Instax pic from my new full size Instax camera.  I love the bigger size and it's great to include a different type of photo.  


I included a couple receipts this week, including my printer purchase.  I bought the Epson R2000 wide format printer and so far I'm loving it!  It is what i've used to print all the photos in these past two weeks.  I'm still trying to figure out the color thing, some photos print out darker than they appear.


Week 3


This week included photos of getting ready for our road trip as well as photos from our time in Las Vegas.  It was a super fun trip and we enjoyed spending time with good friends.  It is so nice to just get away from time to time.  


I like adding in ephmera from our lives such as the ticket stubs and our refreshment receipt from a recent trip to the movies.  I think it will be so cool to look back at these someday.  



I also included a description of the SHOT show that Mark & Mike attended as well as Mark's badge for the day.  So glad they had a good time and got to enjoy being boys!!  ;-) 


Phew, now I just have Week 4 and Week 5 to photograph and post, still finishing up the journaling & printing up pictures though.  I will be posting those as soon as I have them completed.  Totally enjoying this process of documenting our lives.   









1 comment:

  1. This looks so great! I love all the little extra bits you're adding. About the dark photos - one possible reason could be if the brightness of your screen is turned way up, it may be fooling you into thinking the photos are lighter than they are. If you have a mac, they are known for being bright. I had to turn my brightness down a bit so my photos would look right when I printed them.

    ReplyDelete